Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pretty Green Container

Surprise,surprise, another little project :o) I found this green container with pretty leaves and scrolls at a rejects store (please ignore the light green lines, the flash from the camera caused that). I'm sure if it had been perfect it would have cost quite a bit, but since it's not perfect, they were selling it at only RM15. The whole thing is almost perfect, no chips, no cracks and no scratches. You want to know the imperfect part?

There, see that hole? The cover/lid is missing a knob :o) . But I fell in love with the colour and the design, so it came home with me :o). I tried to find a suitable knob at a hardware store but none seemed to fit (design and colourwise). My solution?



This butterfly started its life as a napkin ring. Pretty isn't it? It just took me a couple of seconds to realise that it would look quite nice on top of my container!


So, out came the pliers and I carefully took it apart. I tried to glue it onto the cover using super glue but it just would not stick so I used my trusty hot glue gun and glued it on. Hot glue is not strong enough but it does its job at keeping it on. I'm just using the container as a decorative piece at the moment so I guess it's good enough.

See? Doesn't it look quite perfect now? So whimsical..

The leaves and the butterfly reminds me of a garden.Ahhh.. the little pleasures of life..

Twigs & Feathers

1 comment:

zuraida said...

Dura,
Ada je idea you!! jealous tau. hehehehehe. cantik! tak terpikir pun nak letak "baterply" (sebut cara hamizan)